Sunday 7 May 2017

MEST3 PPE - Learner Response

1) Type up your feedback in full (you do not need to write mark/grade if you do not wish to).

- learn more statistics 
- go over key theories and examples 
- more detail & focus on question 
- more detail 

  • Read through the mark scheme. Pay particular attention to pages 6-8 that have suggested content for each of the questions in Section A. How many of these potential points did you make? Did you successfully answer the questions? The original question paper is here if that is helpful. 
  • Which was your strongest question in Section A? Why did you do better in that particular question? Note the number of marks each question is worth.
In section A I got the same mark in each question, however, I think question 2 was my strongest question. I answered it well, I just needed to structure the way I wrote my answers better. 
  • 5) Which was your weakest question in Section A? Again, try and identify why this happened. Did you misinterpret the question? Did you run out of time? 
My weakest question was question 3. This was because I was beginning to run out of time. I needed to add more detail and depth into my answer as well as showing both sides of the argument. 

  • 6) Now look at pages 11-12 of the mark scheme for Section B - New/Digital Media paying particular attention to the suggested essay content on page 12. How many of the broad areas suggested by AQA did you cover in your Section B essay? Did you successfully answer the question?
I successfully answered the question, however, I lacked a lot of depth and detail. Not only this, but I also lacked critical autonomy when answering the question. 

  •  Read the Examiner's Report in full. For each question your answered, would you classify your response as one of the stronger answers or one of the weaker answers the Chief Examiner discusses? Why? What could you do differently next time? Write a reflection for EACH question in the paper: Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q6 OR Q7.
Q1 - for this question I will make sure I show a clear understanding of the question, as well as focusing more on media language. 

Q2 - for question I need to include different to more than just the two media products and answer the question with more detail. 

Q3 - In with question I needed to add more analysis and have a balance in my argument. 

Q6 - For this question next time, I would focus on more than one industry and show a solid debate.

Choose your weakest question in Section A and re-write an answer in full based on the suggested content from the Examiner's Report. This answer needs to be comprehensive and meet the criteria for Level 4 of the mark scheme. This will be somewhere between 3-6 well-developed paragraphs (depending on the question/number of marks available). 


No comments:

Post a Comment